danny Lau memorial Scholarship - 2017
The Danny Lau Memorial Scholarship is to honor an inspirational leader in our community. Danny was a Milpitas Unified School Board member and a firm believer in getting our community to be involved in our public schools. Danny passed away on March 20, 2017 and will be forever in our hearts and memories. These two $500 scholarships are available to the Milpitas High School Class of 2017 who are about to embark on a college education. This scholarship will be awarded at the MHS Senior Awards Ceremony or Calaveras HS graduation and will be administered by the Milpitas Community Educational Endowment .We anticipate on offering this scholarship over the next five years (counting 2017).
- Must be a senior at Milpitas High School or Calaveras High School, graduating in the Class of 2017
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA, and provide an unofficial copy of your high school transcript
- Must plan on attending a 2 or 4 year college or university in the Fall 2017 and taking a "full time student" class load
- Must compose a 1000 word essay on the following topic:
The essay should describe:
- What were some of Danny's contributions in the Milpitas Community?
- How has those contributions inspired you?
- And, given those inspirations, how will it help you reach your goals or aspirations?
Deadline: Friday, April 28, 2017 3pm in MHS College & Career Office
- Each application must have a completed coverpage attached to the essay (download from below)
- All applications must be turned by the deadline to the MHS College and Career office
- MCEE will have a committee to review the applications and select the top two essays that are most inspiring.
- MCEE will award the scholarship at MHS Senior Awards Ceremony, on May 17, 2017.